We are currently recruiting for a Manual Machinist for one of the oldest suppliers of grabs, grapples, and clamshell buckets for bulk material handling. The key functions of your role will be to set up and run jobs on manual lathes, with a strong focus on quality and keeping the level of work consistent.
• Perform all tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
• Sets up machines correctly in a timely manner
• Read and interpret blueprints.
• Able to cut a variety of threads
• Use gauges and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements.
• Use precision tools, machinery and equipment such as lathe, vertical milling machine, drill press, hydraulic press, chop saw, band saw, push and pull broaches and a variety of cutting tools and equipment.
• Properly and safely align, secure and remove holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
• Recognize, deploy and properly use inserts, fixtures and tooling.
• Perform daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on machinery.
• Ensure quality production at all times in addition to proper operation of machines
• Maintain traceability on all jobs
• Ensure quality and quantity standards are met on a daily/consistent basis
• Keep work area clean and organized at all times
• 3+ years of previous experience as a manual machinist
• Ability to use measuring tools such as dial calipers, O.D and I.D. micrometers, bore gauges.
• Basic math skills
• Ability comply with safety protocol
• Background check and drug screen are required.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-4:30PM